Greenhouse Privacy & Security
Before setting up your Greenhouse integration, you may have some questions about how it all works. Here are some of our frequently asked questions about the Drafted Greenhouse integration.
Summary: Drafted syncs jobs and candidates to provide a seamless referral program experience to your employees and recruiters.
What data does Drafted read from Greenhouse?
When you connect Drafted to Greenhouse, you do this by giving Drafted an API key to the Greenhouse Harvest API. This Greenhouse API allows Drafted to read information about jobs and candidates from Greenhouse.
1. Job posting data (a good rule of thumb is "whatever is displayed on your careers page")
2. Candidate status data (Drafted tracks the status of referred candidates in Greenhouse to provide automatic updates to the referrer)
3. Candidate ownership data (Drafted reads who the candidate owner is to be able to notify them and give appropriate access within Drafted to the right candidates)
Drafted only stores information that is needed to support the functionality in product, and does not read or store other data from Greenhouse. Drafted does not collect any sensitive information from Greenhouse, nor does it read proprietary information like interview notes or candidate ratings.
How does the job syncing work?
Each night Drafted automatically syncs your Greenhouse jobs including job details, department, and job owner. You can manually run a sync anytime from the Settings page
How does candidate tracking work?
Once a candidate is sent into Greenhouse, Drafted begins tracking that candidate’s progress in your talent pipeline. Referrers are notified via email when their referral reaches new stages in Greenhouse. You can see how this data is displayed to Drafted users on the Track page and the My Referrals page.
What data does Drafted send into Greenhouse?
Referral & candidate information.
The following fields about every referral made in Drafted are sent into Greenhouse:
- Social Handles (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Personal)
- Referrer Name
- Referrer Email
- Details for the referral, a link back to the Drafted profile, and other Drafted interactions such as asking for an introduction are all recorded in the notes of the candidate on Greenhouse.
What do Drafted candidates look like in Greenhouse?
When a referral is made in Drafted that candidate is automatically sent into Greenhouse as a prospect for the role they were referred for.
Drafted also adds tags to each prospect which reflect how/why the candidate was added.
- All prospects get a “Drafted” tag
- Referred prospects get a “Drafted Referral” tag
- Candidates who were contacted either directly on Drafted or through an introduction on Drafted are tagged as “Drafted Sourcer”
- Candidates who are manually imported into Greenhouse are tagged as “Drafted Prospect”
Does Drafted delete any data in Greenhouse?
No. Drafted can only read existing data and/or add additional data to Greenhouse. Once data is sent into Greenhouse, Drafted cannot edit or delete that data. If you unpublish a job in Drafted, it’s only unpublished in Drafted.
What about Security and Privacy?
Drafted is an official Greenhouse partner and uses security best practices according to ISO27001 guidelines.
Drafted is compliant with GDPR and CCPA guidelines including the right to be forgotten, data subject access requests, and privacy by design. Drafted does not sell any customer data to third parties for any reason.
If you stop being a Drafted customer, you can request all company data to be deleted within 30 days.
For other security and privacy information about Drafted, you can check out our documentation here.
Have other questions? Feel free to send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.